Two positions open at Alianza

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Wed Apr 2 10:46:17 MDT 2008

All,

I have a friend at Alianza who asked me to pass these job openings on
to people that I know.  If you or anyone you know is interested let me
know and I will give you the contact information.

Platform Development Engineer

The Platform Development Engineer is responsible for technical
planning, programming, implementation, documentation, and maintenance
of an IP Telephony Platform.  Candidate must be able to quickly learn
existing development frameworks and be accountable for software
development, quality, system analysis, and design of projects that
meet the company’s needs.

EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED

	• 5-8 years of work experience programming in C++
	• SIP-based platform development work with detailed understanding of
SIP calls flows
	• IP Telephony with SIP and RTP
	• Building, modifying and enhancing DTMF based interaction
	• Codecs like G.711, G.729a and G.723
	• Working with Web Services based environment with Service Oriented
Architecture
	• Product Development Lifecycle
	• Troubleshooting, problem solving
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

	• Learn existing code base
	• Develop and maintain core IP telephony platform
	• Provide planning information and work effort estimates to meet
project deliverables
	• Develop detailed functional and technical design specifications
	• Perform rigorous testing to ensure high quality software releases
into the production environment
	• Lead by example to foster an open, mentoring development team
environment

ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED

	• Excellent organizational and time management skills
	• Ability to work under time constraints while multi-tasking
	• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
	• Must be extremely detail oriented
	• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Application Engineer

The Application Engineer is responsible for technical planning,
programming, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of
applications that run on the core IP Telephony Platform.  Candidate
must be able to quickly learn existing development frameworks and be
accountable for software development, quality, system analysis, and
design of projects that meet the company’s needs.

EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED

	• 5+ years of work experience programming in .NET and/or Java
	• SOAP server development
	• Working with Web Services based environment with Service Oriented
Architecture
	• Creating architectures for enabling applications to consume
services in a scalable manner
	• Creation of service delivery platform with security, multi-homing
and multi-tenancy needs
	• Messaging queues, asynchrous messaging and event-based systems
	• XML and processing XML documents on the fly
	• Product Development Lifecycle
	• Troubleshooting, problem solving
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

	• Learn existing code base
	• Develop and maintain applications using web services
	• Develop and maintain web services
	• Provide planning information and work effort estimates to meet
project deliverables
	• Develop detailed functional and technical design specifications
	• Perform rigorous testing to ensure high quality software releases
into the production environment
	• Lead by example to foster an open, mentoring development team
environment

ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED

	• Excellent organizational and time management skills
	• Ability to work under time constraints while multi-tasking
	• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
	• Must be extremely detail oriented
	• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision

Regards,
Jonathan