WiFi routers again :(

Bart Whiteley bart.plug at whiteley.org
Sun Sep 30 12:27:06 MDT 2007

On 9/30/07, Gary Dusbabek <gdusbabek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/29/07, Steve <smorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > Been awhile since we had this discussion, but my router is going out
> > and I need to replace it.
> > Just wondering if there are any make/model suggestions on currently
> > shipping models.
> > I would personally like a WRT54G but I understand they aren't running
> > linux anymore.  So back to the drawing board.  Any ideas?
> >
> > BTW if anyone has a good WiFi b/g router for sale cheap, that would be
> > nice as well.
>
> I picked up a Buffalo WHR-G125 for $25 (after rebates a few months
> ago).  For the price, it is a great little router.  I reflashed mine
> with dd-wrt and have been quite happy.  For the record, I've had bad
> experiences with both the Linksys WRT54g (revision 6 I believe) and
> Netgear WGR614.
>
> I got my Buffalo at Circuit City.  It appears they're running the same
> rebates again, with free shipping:
>
> http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Buffalo-Technology-Wireless-G-High-Speed-Router-WHR-G125/sem/rpsm/oid/184832/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I also recently replaced my 1st series WRT54G with a Buffalo WHR-G125.  I
paid $30 for it, after rebates.  I'm running dd-wrt on it.  I think OpenWRT
runs on it as well.  It seems to have better range than the old linksys.
You can read a news item about it on the dd-wrt page where it is compared to
other routers.

http://dd-wrt.com/