WiFi routers again :(

Gary Dusbabek gdusbabek at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 07:13:06 MDT 2007

> Hello everyone,
> Been awhile since we had this discussion, but my router is going out
> and I need to replace it.
> Just wondering if there are any make/model suggestions on currently
> shipping models.
> I would personally like a WRT54G but I understand they aren't running
> linux anymore.  So back to the drawing board.  Any ideas?
>
> BTW if anyone has a good WiFi b/g router for sale cheap, that would be
> nice as well.

I picked up a Buffalo WHR-G125 for $25 (after rebates a few months
ago).  For the price, it is a great little router.  I reflashed mine
with dd-wrt and have been quite happy.  For the record, I've had bad
experiences with both the Linksys WRT54g (revision 6 I believe) and
Netgear WGR614.

I got my Buffalo at Circuit City.  It appears they're running the same
rebates again, with free shipping:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Buffalo-Technology-Wireless-G-High-Speed-Router-WHR-G125/sem/rpsm/oid/184832/catOid/-12980/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Gary