WiFi routers again :(

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Sat Sep 29 23:49:30 MDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-29 at 14:55 -0600, Erik R. Jensen wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
> > I would personally like a WRT54G but I understand they aren't running
> > linux anymore.  So back to the drawing board.  Any ideas?
>
> Get a WRT54GL. They run Linux and run OpenWRT really well.

I don't know what Linksys/Cisco was thinking with version 5 of the
WRT54G. Well, I guess I do. It was all about the cost. But those things
work like crap. My company sold and installed a whole bunch of WRT54Gs
and got nailed when they released those. We had no end of trouble for
many months until a firmware release finally stabilized things, but it
still wasn't like the old Linux-based routers. We only sell the WRT54GLs
now. They rock. I <3 mine (a v2 running OpenWRT).

Corey