Good Options for dual licensing?

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 19:31:55 MDT 2007

> However I would also like to offer a paid licensing option which
> allows people to close the source on their derived works.  Does anyone
> know of a good option I can offer for sale which allow folks to do
> this if they want to?

There's no need to find an example of this.  If you own the copyright
to all the code then you can dual-license it all you want under
whatever licenses you want to.  The caveat to this is that you must
own the copyright to all the code or have every copyright holder agree
to the licenses to be used (this is true also of a single license).
In the case of Trolltech, MySQL, and many others the way it works is
that to get a patch accepted you have to agree to assign copyright of
your code to the owner of the project.

Not a lawyer,
Andrew