Programming Challenge

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Fri Sep 28 15:56:06 MDT 2007

>Looks pretty nice, and potentially portable to C, but I'm curious why
>you think it would be faster.  Not that I'm disagreeing; it may be
>faster, but I've already spent more time on it than I'd like, so I'm
>not going to port yours and compare it.

On a rough examination, it appears to me that my code would execute
fewer assembly  instructions per character of input. It would also
have no function calls inside the loop. But my perception could be
wrong. However, I do not have the time to go through the routine of
porting it to C and running benchmarks. But maybe somebody does.

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting