linux source question

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Sep 28 15:03:38 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 14:51 -0600, Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> > Does anybody here know how I can download the source for my kernel
> > (2.6.15) using yum?
>
> Have you checked yet at www.kernel.org?

That's not quite the answer. Many (most? all?) distributions patch their
kernel, and furthermore building a device based on a certain kernel
requires you have the matching kernel config. All of that is provided
for you by Fedora in a package. I can't give you the exactly answer
because I really only know Debian (in which case the answer would be the
linux-headers package). I'm sure somebody will chime in though.

Corey