--SPAM-- linux source question

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Sep 28 15:02:50 MDT 2007

Andres Gonzalez wrote:
> So, I am thinking I should just download the source for this Fedora
> Core 5 system. I have been using yum as a package manager and really
> like it. But I cannot seem to find out what the package name is for
> the kernel source.
> Does anybody here know how I can download the source for my kernel
> (2.6.15) using yum?

I imagine you're looking for this...

If 'uname -r' says "2.6.18-8.el5", then this is the matching source
code.  If it's not an exact match, you should be able to find the right
kernel source package here:

Note that it's a source RPM rather than a binary RPM.  You should handle
source RPMs a little differently, although yum might have some support
for source RPMs.