linux source question

Andres Gonzalez gonzo at agoralabs.com
Fri Sep 28 15:45:31 MDT 2007

This is my first post here...I hope I don't embarrass myself.  :-)

I am trying to get a USB webcam working on a Fedora Core 5 system. The
driver for the particular webcam I have is the pwc driver (Philips
WebCam). I just downloaded the latest source and I am trying to build
this driver so I can install it as a module.

However, it appears that I need the kernel source installed on my
system before I can build these modules. And, as usual, when I
installed linux on this box a little over a year ago, I did not think
I would ever need the source so I did not install it. Now I cannot
find my original distro CD.

So, I am thinking I should just download the source for this Fedora
Core 5 system. I have been using yum as a package manager and really
like it. But I cannot seem to find out what the package name is for
the kernel source.

Does anybody here know how I can download the source for my kernel
(2.6.15) using yum?

Thanks for any assistance...

-Andres