The Linux IDE Debate

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:50:55 MDT 2007

Well I didn't exactly say I wasn't familiar with Linux IDEs.
And I wasn't trying to imply that was the case.
What I am trying to say is that I don't normally use them, unless I
have good cause to.
But I realize also that what I'm doing may not be "the norm".  And if
a project is large it's actually very inefficient not to use an IDE
especially if I have to perform a refactor on existing code.

I agree you wholeheartedly on point 3 though.  Unless a project is
large enough to warrant it, I see no point in using an IDE when a text
editor and a command line will suffice.