Advantages of Fiber

Dennis Muhlestein devel at muhlesteins.com
Thu Sep 27 15:51:42 MDT 2007

> That's correct.  You can't get fiber to your home in Sp'ork.  The
> senator in question is just trying to justify the decisions the city
> made years ago when they committed to a city-wide cable network.
>
> It's lousy but it's cheap.

We live in AF now, but had moved there from SF.  I had SFCN and didn't
ever think it was lousy.  We got pretty good download speeds and
upload never bothered me although I can't recall exactly what it was.
I recall it was pretty competitive for $35 a month.

Why do you say it's lousy?  Has it worsened or are you just saying
hows it could be so much faster?