Dvorak Keyboard Layout

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Thu Sep 27 11:53:30 MDT 2007

On Thursday 27 September 2007, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On 9/27/07, Nicholas Leippe <nick at leippe.com> wrote:
> > If you can pick up a Kinesis cheap on ebay or somewhere, go for it. New
> > will set you back over $200, though you may be able to get your employer
> > to foot the bill if it is health related, or perhaps write it off
> > somehow.
>
> I paid full price for mine (also their first style aka Contoured), but
> it's done good service for over six years now.  $40 per year is
> totally worth it.  (There are no signs of wear yet except for some
> ibook-style discoloration, so it will probably amortize further.:)

I have had to do three repairs over the course of the last 10 years. I broke
the backspace key once (I use it for fire in quake ;).

The esc key started getting flaky (I use it all the time in emacs).  They sent
me a new board for it and told me how to put it in.  Later it happened again
but it was because some plastic tab wore out that was holding it, so I think
it cost about $40 plus shipping it to them. They paid return shipping--they
had to melt in more plastic or something to hold the board. They didn't even
care that I had done my own upgrade to add in the memory.

IMO they have very good service.