Utah Open Source Planet

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Sep 25 13:43:56 MDT 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 at 21:55 -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Gabriel
> >> No more floating heads?
> >
> > I'm not a fan of the default layout.  It will be changing.
> man, can I cast a vote against disembodied heads? There can be so much
> in a photograph that makes it interesting, to say nothing of a NECK.

Stupid name (hackergotchi) aside, it is a Good Thing™ from a design
perspective. Random backgrounds and "interesting" distractions from
what's important (the face) will just make for so much noise and in
design noise (that isn't carefully orchestrated) is ugliness.

Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net
    -- Johann Sebastian Bach