Utah Open Source Planet

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Sep 25 13:43:56 MDT 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 at 21:55 -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Gabriel
>
> >> No more floating heads?
> >
> > I'm not a fan of the default layout.  It will be changing.
>
> man, can I cast a vote against disembodied heads? There can be so much
> in a photograph that makes it interesting, to say nothing of a NECK.

Stupid name (hackergotchi) aside, it is a Good Thing™ from a design
perspective. Random backgrounds and "interesting" distractions from
what's important (the face) will just make for so much noise and in
design noise (that isn't carefully orchestrated) is ugliness.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach