Best Computer Science School in Utah

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Sep 25 11:29:44 MDT 2007

Nicholas Leippe <nick at leippe.com> writes:

>> For CS majors at BYU, regexps are part of the required CS 252.
>>
>> (That's what you get for studying CE. :)
>
> Ah. That explains it. Never had 252.  But, I bought the O'Reilly book, and
> that has made all the difference. ;)

Though, 252 teaches real regular expressions, which are far more
limited than your standard perl-compatible regexp library.  Of course,
it also teaches you how to recognize a regular language and prove that
it is so.  And it gives you an idea of why you might sometimes want to
use a regular language instead of a more powerful one.

                --Levi