proper disposal of a monitor

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Mon Sep 24 14:07:52 MDT 2007

+++ Hans Fugal [24/09/07 12:55 -0600]:
> Take it to the shooting range and stick an Action Target on it and shoot
> it?

My disposal solution is highly hypothetical and theoretical and is in no way
intended to disparage any one....!

> Seriously though (not that I wouldn't take it out and shoot it, but I
> have no idea if that counts as environmentally friendly), does it work?
> If it still works maybe you can sell it for $5 to MAS computers or give
> it to DI, and let someone else worry about the final resting place.
>
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 at 12:48 -0600, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> > I've got an old monitor and I'm tempted to toss it into my trash can.
> > But being a conscientious person, I know this is not environmentally sound.
> > (Or is this ok?)
> > So how do I properly dispose of it?  Where should I take it?
> > Are there fees?

No, take your attorney with you, and then he can explain away any trouble if
you run into any at the shooting range. Otherwise, have your kindly
attorney hold it, so the monitor doesn't spin around while you shoot it. If
he's got really good nerves and motor control, he'll be fine. If
not...er...uhm...well ... i could think of more options...but...no point in
more blood to draw out the sharks.....;)

j/k/sort of

p.s. Better yet, call up Carl Mc..and invite a few of his dogs, heck, invite
Carl too.....