Distro idea

Brian Hawkins brianhks at activeclickweb.com
Mon Sep 24 13:59:16 MDT 2007

Just because it is written down does not mean it was written down by a bunch
of die hards with baggage.  The hole reason for splitting your programs
between /usr and /var is so you can mount /usr read only for security.  And
it could be argued that this was done to make up for the lack of security
granularity in the file system.  Even then it is only applicable to a server
environment and makes running this on a client a pain in the keester.

But thank you for the link I've been meaning to find that.

Brian