itoa'd you so?

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Sat Sep 22 01:59:24 MDT 2007

Levi Pearson wrote:
> Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> writes:
>
>> I like it. A few points.

So how fast are your solutions? How many itoa's can you perform in a
second? My implementation does about 3.3 million per second on a 3.0GHz
machine running RHEL3.

I guess I could test the code myself, but I'm not at work any more
today, and won't be back until Monday, or until I next connect to the
VPN. :)

--Dave

P.S. This was fun. I think the last time we had a good code optimization
conversation was when Sasha posted a challenge. Thanks Sasha! Let's do
that again some time.

P.P.S. Levi, I love the static array code where you index into a string
literal. Awesome stuff. Those K&R fellows sure were smart about their C
code. Almost as if they "wrote the book" on C... ;)