CMS recommendations?

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at utahpython.org
Thu Sep 20 23:01:25 MDT 2007

> I've decided that I really don't want to build a site from scratch,
> but it's been a few years since I looked at any site in a box, or CMS
> solutions.

There's more options than you can shake a stick at, but I believe the
big three are Plone, Drupal, and Joomla.

I like Plone because it's built on Python, so customizing it wouldn't
make me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon as much as the PHP
ones.  (But there is a significant learning curve to making
significant modifications to any of these 3, there's no avoiding
that.)

Plone also has a significantly better security track record than any
alternative I've seen.

-Jonathan