NFS exports on a LiveCD

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 15:27:25 MDT 2007

> Excellent, glad that was resolved for you.
> Just out of curiosity, why Gentoo for a liveCD versus, say Knoppix or
> some other distro more geared for LiveCD usage?

Familiarity, mostly.

Also, Gentoo works really well on more than just x86 (we're doing
stuff on PPC, PPC64, and SPARC).  I would imagine that Knoppix could
be made to work on those platforms, since it is Debian-based.  But the
official Knoppix CD system requirements say "Intel-compatible CPU
(i486 or later)".

Either way, I'm familiar with Gentoo, and I think catalyst is really cool. :)

Cheers,
Stephen