[OT] Linux Printers

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Mon Sep 10 22:00:13 MDT 2007

I asked the same question a few months ago.  The responses at that time,
along with my own research, led me to purchase an HP PhotoSmart C3135.
I needed an all in one, so that's what this printer is.  This printer
works perfectly for me in OpenSuse 10.1 and 10.2.  I actually like the
scanner software (Sane) in Linux more.  One thing we all seemed to agree
on in that previous thread:  Avoid Lexmark.  Personally, I'd say avoid
it for Linux, Windows, Mac, and anything else.  For one thing, the ink
costs about as much as getting a new printer...

Brandon Stout
http://mscis.org