[OT] Linux Printers

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Mon Sep 10 21:14:15 MDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 17:52 -0600, Joseph Hall wrote:
> Does anyone have any current printers that they have found to work
> reasonably well in recent Linux distros?

I have an HP Officejet J5780 all in one which works great, although the
driver isn't in Ubuntu Edgy. I had to upgrade to Feisty to get it to
work right. Maybe that was just the scanner. I can't remember.

I also have an Epson CX7800 which works awesome as well. It's also an
all in one. On the whole I really like the Epson line. I find their ink
to be much more affordable (although they're all a rip-off) than HP.

Both machines work 100% (scanning, printing, photos, etc.).

Corey