Utah Open Source Conference

Al Byers byersa at automationgroups.com
Mon Sep 10 10:13:06 MDT 2007

On 9/8/07, John Anderson <sontek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, now that UTOSC 2007 is over, what is everyones opinion of it?
> What can we do to improve the conference for next year?

I was very impressed with the organization and value of the conference. One
idea that I have for next year is that 45 or 90 minutes to address a subject
is not much time to do it justice. There are many topics that deserve a full
day or more and and many attendees who would like the in-depth training but
do not want to miss the conference, itself. I suggest that more in-depth
training be offered in the days preceeding the conference and that you
charge more for the service. Things would be more static and not require as
much effort and the extra fee could pay for some management.

-Al