Utah Open Source Conference

Thad Van Ry thad at linuxnetadmin.com
Mon Sep 10 09:44:52 MDT 2007

On 9/8/07, John Anderson <sontek at gmail.com> wrote:
I thought as a 1st conference, it was a huge success. Phil Windley's
keynote was very entertaining. My only question becomes, how do you
improve upon the keynotes for next year? Well done to Clint and the
other organizers!

> What was your favorite presentation(s)?

My favorite presentation was Building and Leveraging an Online Open
Source Community by Tom Welch.

> What can we do to improve the conference for next year?

Have some beginner sessions as well as advanced sessions. I know there
were some people there that are at entry level jobs and looking to
learn the basics. Either have sessions geared to them or be more
explicit in the sessions where they will feel lost. Having newbie
questions in a session that is meant for experienced people can
de-rail the session.
I'd also like to see more sessions geared to System Administration on
an advanced level. Maybe dealing with using SANs or the like.

> What did you like that we did this year?

I liked the sponsorship that was given by several companies. That made
me think more highly of the ones that I saw there, ie
Iodynamics/KnowledgeBlue.

Thad