Looking for Work but need good benefits.

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:37:33 MDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

I'm pretty happy where I'm presently at, the pay is decent but not
great and the job is fun, if not really challenging.  The main problem
I have right now is that my life has changed substantially since I
started working here, and the company I presently work for does not
suit the new life.

I have programming experience, I am presently a hobbiest with one or
two products that have shipped as commercial products, I have also
done freelance programming, furthermore I have experience performing
customer support and technical support roles, I have a strong Linux
and Mac background as well as Windows, and of course I posses an A+
certification.

I'm presently earning about $30k/yr which is livable, but the benefits
package is terrible.  When it was just me, that was ok, but I've
recently married, and my wife is diabetic.  To top it off we've just
found out she's pregnant.

Anyways to the point, if my wife were to quit her job, the pregnancy
would bankrupt us and we wouldn't be able to afford her medicines,
which run on the order of $500 per month even without the pregnancy
(insulin, testing supplies etc).   We have discussed it with the
OB/GYN and he has stated she will likely have to quit working sometime
in the third trimester, so this is looking more and more like a given
fact.

Bottom line is we are going to need really good health insurance
within the next 6 months.

So I was hoping that someone on the list may know of a company with
good benefits, or may even be in a position to review my resume.  Pay
would hopefully be around where I'm at now, but if the benefits are
excellent I would be willing to take a pay cut if needs be as long as
it's not too substantial.

Please let me know if you are aware of anything that may be useful
here, any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Steve