High-Performance Computing - Software Engineering Position(s)!
gthomas at lnxi.com
Tue Sep 4 20:33:19 MDT 2007
Linux Networx, Inc. is currently looking to fill immediate positions for
Software Engineers in the High-Performance Computing market.
The candidates will be part of an Engineering Development Group that
focuses on developing, integrating, validating and testing emerging
system software on next-generation High-Performance Linux Clusters.
Linux Networx, Inc. is a proven advanced technology leader in the
High-Performance Computing sector. The company currently has a Linux
Supercomputer with 3,368 CPU extents in the market, ranking 30th in the
world for fastest supercomputers in 2006. Linux Networx, Inc. has also
recently set a world record for visualization rendering, at a rate of
1.5 billion polygons per second, while running Computational Engineering
International's (CEI) Ensight Distributed Rendering.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals, with a desire to develop,
learn and contribute in a challenging, high-growth environment that
rewards success and motivation greatly.
The desired attributes and qualifications are listed below:
- Intermediate Linux System Administration and Configuration Management
- Intermediate knowledge of the C/C++ Programming language.
- POSIX shell programming language skills required. (Bash, ksh, csh,
- Knowledge of high-level programming languages required. (Python, Perl,
- Proficient with software development build tools and methods.
- Intermediate troubleshooting skills required.
- Exposure to software development version control systems is required.
(CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Intermediate Networking skills required. (TCP/IP, routing, X11, SSH,
- Exposure to Linux package management is required. (RPM, APT, etc.)
- Exposure to Linux software debug tools is required. (gdb, pstack,
- Knowledge and experience in Linux High-Performance Computing is a
- Knowledge of high speed Interconnects is a plus. (Myrinet, InfiniBand,
- Knowledge of GNU, Intel, PathScale and PGI Development environments is
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to
communicate with all levels of the organization, including customers and
with all vendors and partners.
- Ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate at the highest
technical levels of organizational decision-making.
- Well organized, attentive to details and able to meet demanding
If you feel you match these criteria, or if you would like additional
information, please contact us and/or send your Resume' to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
Position: System Software Engineer
E-MAIL: resumes at lnxi.com
All applications received are treated as strictly confidential. Linux
Networx, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
More information about the PLUG