Iptables breaks a working VoIP phone?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Oct 31 14:23:39 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 13:49 -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 at 16:20 -0600, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> > 3. Even if I install asterisk, how do I get my analog phones to
> connect?
> >  This was the whole reason I was using the Sipura ATA (Analog Telephone
> > Adapter) in the first place.  I looked at the web configuration page of
> > the Sipura ATA, and all of the options are only accessible with the
> > admin password, which of course BroadVoice set, and it is not any of the
> > default passwords I could find online.  Do you think there is a
> > possibility that BroadVoice would give me the admin password to their
> > hardware?
>
> Your best bet is to get an ATA. Like the one you have. But configurable.
> See if you can't figure out how to unlock it.

I've unlocked a Vonage adapter before and I will say that it's so not
worth the effort. I've got another one here that's basically a brick
because the unlocking didn't take. It seems like it's worth a shot to
call Broadvoice and ask. If not, I'd take my service to someone else who
thinks they can win customers based on service quality and not on
artificial locks.

Corey