Favored Language for Network Enabled Apps.

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at utahpython.org
Tue Oct 30 12:03:35 MDT 2007

On 10/30/07, Jordy <jordy at gundy.org> wrote:
> As an up-and-coming python hacker, I've been intrigued by what I've read
> about twisted.  Does anyone here have experience with it?  Can you
> recommend it / advise against it for writing network servers in python?

I'm not really a fan because

1) for whatever reason twisted seems to prefer to reinvent wheels
rather than work with the rest of the python community

2) twisted's many layers of abstraction add a significant amount of
overhead -- function calls are not cheap in python

Still, there's a lot of people whose opinions I respect that do like
twisted.  Shane is one; maybe he'll chime in here.

-Jonathan