Favored Language for Network Enabled Apps.

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:32:41 MDT 2007

On 10/29/07, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at utahpython.org> wrote:
> Now that I'm writing Java again I have to wonder what planet Bryan is
> on where "it's tolerable because I use Eclipse to autogenerate the
> boilerplate!"  Eclipse is the sorriest waste of thousands of man-hours
> that I've ever seen.

You sound bitter.  Take a deep breath...  And exhale.  Much better.

> (Obviously I'm not a militant Java hater or I wouldn't have taken a
> job writing it, but the kind of mental gymnastics you'd have to go
> through to keep pretending to yourself that Java stands at the
> pinnacle of language evolution and the next release will only raise
> the bar higher boggles my mind.)

Jonathan, I'm sorry that you find Java so rigorous.  Perhaps you
should lie down and take a nap rather than strain yourself with the
mental gymnastics that Java puts you through.  I know it can be tough
for some.  Hang in there.

-Bryan