Favored Language for Network Enabled Apps.

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:17:20 MDT 2007

> My answer was Java for rapid development, and ease of deployment.

Of course this was the right answer ;-).

> Possibly python for faster execution times trade off being not quite
> as easy to deploy.

Those points should be inverted.  Java is faster, while python is
easier to deploy.  You'd have to compile and package up java before
you deploy.  With python, you just copy out your source files.

> Thanks in advance.

The REAL answer in your interview is to pick the language that the
company is using/highly invested in.  If the company uses a lot of
languages, then the correct answer would be whatever the interviewer
likes best.  Lame I know, but people just aren't that objective.  For
example, Java is clearly the best language ever, but good luck getting
anyone on this list to be objective enough to admit that :-P...  Just
kidding...  Pascal 0wnz!

-Bryan