Favored Language for Network Enabled Apps.

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Oct 29 12:39:23 MDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 12:22:28PM -0600, Steve wrote:
> I dunno Charles I thought the exact same thing when I was asked the question.
> My guess would be an application which communicates across a network.

Given tricks one can play with NFS, SMB, SSH, X, etc., dang near any
application "communicates across a network" whether it's designed to
do so or not.

Maybe it was a trick question to see if you would call them on an ADB.

Given that no-one around here seems to know what that means, I observe
that networking is usally a small part of writing and maintaining an
app, so I'd pick the most suitable language in general, then make sure
I can get the networking libraries the app requires.