Iptables breaks a working VoIP phone?

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Sat Oct 27 16:16:11 MDT 2007

Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I made a switch in my firewall device, and now my Broadvoice VoIP
> connection is having some issues.

I don't know if this will help with my question, but I do have "sip"
connection tracking modules loaded.  I didn't load them manually, so
either they came with the CentOS 5 install, or loaded with the shorewall
configuration.

[root at fw shorewall]# lsmod | grep sip
ip_nat_sip              8129  0
ip_conntrack_sip       11313  1 ip_nat_sip
ip_nat                 20973  12
ipt_SAME,ipt_REDIRECT,ipt_NETMAP,ipt_MASQUERADE,ip_nat_tftp,ip_nat_sip,ip_nat_pptp,ip_nat_irc,ip_nat_h323,ip_nat_ftp,ip_nat_amanda,iptable_nat
ip_conntrack           53153  24
ipt_MASQUERADE,ip_nat_tftp,ip_nat_snmp_basic,ip_nat_sip,ip_nat_pptp,ip_nat_irc,ip_nat_h323,ip_nat_ftp,ip_nat_amanda,ip_conntrack_tftp,ip_conntrack_sip,ip_conntrack_pptp,ip_conntrack_netbios_ns,ip_conntrack_irc,ip_conntrack_h323,ip_conntrack_ftp,ip_conntrack_amanda,xt_helper,xt_conntrack,xt_CONNMARK,xt_connmark,xt_state,iptable_nat,ip_nat