Donating for Open Source?

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Fri Oct 26 11:55:04 MDT 2007

Steve wrote:
> I recently tried phpLDAPAdmin, and I really like it, so I went to the
> main page noticed a donation link and tried to click it.

<snip>
> Is there a way I can donate to a project like this without giving the
> money to sourceforge?

When I setup donations for phpLDAPadmin about 3 year ago, I knew that
there would be some fees paid to SourceForge out of each donation, but I
gladly accepted that fact because I liked the free services provided by
SourceForge. I completely understand if people don't want any of their
donation to go to SourceForge, but just know that that's how the
developers want it.

Alternatively, you could contact Deon directly about donating (wurley).
I happen to know his paypal address where the SourceForge donations go,
if you want it. I can give it to you off list, but know that PayPal will
take a small fee of that as well.

--Dave (aka uugDave)

Disclaimer: I don't maintain phpLDAPadmin anymore -- I handed it off to
wurley, who has done an absolutely amazing job with it.