Remove x number of lines from beginning of file

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 20:53:27 MDT 2007

It could definitely be optimized.
Slurping the entire file, skipping x newlines and rewriting the file
in one swoop would probably be significantly faster.
However the point was to show a different approach than simply nicing
the existing process, or utilizing an existing utilty.

Just curious Dave, but what command did you use to compile?  I used
the O3 flag and got a time that was slightly better than before on my
real time.

Sincerely,
Steve