Remove x number of lines from beginning of file

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Thu Oct 25 17:01:13 MDT 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Of course that's assuming you don't want to use lower-level hacks.
> Nicholas suggested a loopback device, which is interesting.  A FUSE
> filesystem could do a similar trick, with more flexibility but probably
> lower performance.

The basic solution to this problem (without just altering the file), is really
just applying a filter on top of the file. I believe that something along
this concept is already implemented, or easy to do with gnu/hurd. A sort of
merge between fuse concepts and loopback concepts, all available to the user
in 'user space' (user space is defined kinda different for the hurd too
iirc.) All very interesting.