Possible Torrent Alternative.

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Oct 25 13:10:31 MDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 01:00:22PM -0600, Lonnie Olson wrote:

> How is this page unclear?
> http://www.qwest.com/residential/internet/other_isps.html To me, it is
> extremely clear.

All of their sales literature seems to quote prices that assume that you
also get telephone service from them.  Or maybe it doesn't.  I spent 10
or 20 minutes talking to one of their sales reps.  Every time I thought
I had figured out how much it actually cost, I would ask a question and
it turned out that the prices were all part of some specific package.  I
would be tempted to blame it on the sales representative, but I couldn't
figure out the brochures, even with the copious footnotes in fine print.

Even on the page you gave me, it doesn't address whether the prices are
for Qwest phone customers or not.  There's also stuff in fine print like
"discounts may apply after first full month of billing."

> Personally, having the choice of ISPs is worth the slightly lower
> maximum download speeds.  A good ISP has great value.

That's a good point.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/