Possible Torrent Alternative.

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Thu Oct 25 12:13:42 MDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 05:11:04PM -0600, Lonnie Olson wrote:

> Remember the last-mile options are not always tied to ISPs.
> Last-mile options:

>   Qwest DSL:
>     Many ISPs to choose from

Qwest can only offer their highest speed services in certain areas, and
they refuse to be clear about pricing.

>   Comcast:
>     Totally stuck with Comcast!

>   iProvo:
>     A few ISPs to choose from

They all stink.  From what I was told, the city will only take on ISPs
that offer phone and television services.  That's a terrible policy.

>   Utopia:
>     A few ISPs

Unfortunately, it's not available everywhere.  I wish it were in Sandy,
because I would love to use XMission.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/