Possible Torrent Alternative.

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Wed Oct 24 17:55:58 MDT 2007

Steve <smorrey at gmail.com> writes:

> The whole point here is to make an attack like that impossible to pull
> off.  Because if Comcast is doing it today,. other ISPs will do it
> soon as well.

If you have the option of choosing a non-Comcast ISP, you probably
also have the option to choose between several.  Choose one that
doesn't do something this stupid.

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish by talking about replacing
bittorrent here.  I would wager that there aren't many people on this
list that are currently competent to succeed at the task, even if you
could convince someone that it was a good idea.

If you come up with a design detailed and coherent enough that it
might actually work, it might be worth discussing.  Otherwise, the
best you can hope for is a "Oh, okay, why don't you go do that?"
response.

                --Levi