New Bittorrent Tracker

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Wed Oct 24 10:19:28 MDT 2007

On 24 Oct 2007, at 02:27, Bryan Petty wrote:

> On 10/23/07, Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
>> These are all great solutions for myself.  Thanks for the feedback.
>> However, part of the reason I brought this topic up was because of
>> other people that may want to use a torrent tracker and do not have
>> my 1337 h at x0r sk1llz, or even my basic knowledge of how to use a web
>> browser.  =)
>
> And they know how to use BitTorrent, but not a web browser?!
> That's a little unbelievable, I'm calling a bluff on this one.

Ok, you and Joshua caught me.  This is all theoretical for me
anyway.  I am trying to find a way to share large files with family
members and friends without taking up room on my web servers.  I was
thinking that if I setup my own torrent tracker and index I could
share those large files without needing to worry about a third party
tracking site that I might not trust or have control of.

Is that the sign of a Linux user?  Having an innate desire to have
complete control of all computers on his network, and then some?

Thanks guys.

Jonathan