Datacenter Management Software

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Oct 24 00:50:15 MDT 2007

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 16:54 -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> cfengine, man.  You need cfengine.
>
> You've used it?  What do you like about it?
>
>> http://www.cfengine.org/
>
> It must be true - you can't judge a project by it's website - or at
> least we hope.

If I recall, the web site used to look a little better. :-/  I can't
even tell what the scribble in the top graphic is supposed to represent.

I have not used it myself, but the IT guys in my department (the family
history department at the church) are using it to configure and
reconfigure thousands of machines in production.  It seems to fit their
needs well.  There are several books about cfengine and there appears to
be a lot of science behind the design.  (I guess none of those
researchers minored in art though!)

Shane