Datacenter Management Software

Nathan kemotaha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:02:10 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 19:54 -0600, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 16:54 -0600, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > cfengine, man.  You need cfengine.
>
> You've used it?  What do you like about it?
>
> > http://www.cfengine.org/
>
> It must be true - you can't judge a project by it's website - or at
> least we hope.
>
> Regards,
> Gabe

We use, but I am just getting familiar with it.  It is fairly extensive,
meaning you can do a whole lot with it.  The only bad part is that it is
a pull method instead of a push.  That means that the clients connect
and pull their information.  They do have a method where the master can
initiate a pull, but I haven't played around with it much.

Nathan