Datacenter Management Software

Jeff Anderson jefferya at programmerq.net
Tue Oct 23 16:29:07 MDT 2007

The only thing that comes to mind doesn't seem to fit your bill.

Red hat/fedora has a tool called kickstart. It allows for scripted
installs of machines. You could easily create separate scripts for
separate machine roles, and add each new machine to dhcp in the
corresponding role group.

I did some googling just now, and I found a tool called FAI - Fully
Automatic Installation http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/
It is designed for debian and claims to be more flexible than
kickstart for redhat. I am curious about this too. If you use it, let
me know how it goes.

Jeff Anderson