New Bittorrent Tracker

John M. Anderson sontek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 13:26:43 MDT 2007

> On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:17 -0600, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> > Speaking of bittorrents, I am wondering if anyone knows of any
> > bittorrent tracker/indexer sites out there that are family friendly,
> > where I do not feel required to disable images in my browser just to
> > look for the most recent version of my families favorite tv show?
> >
> > If there is no such thing as a "clean and family safe" bittorrent
> > tracker I have been contemplating setting up my own.  Does anyone
> > else here feel similarly?
> >
> > Of course, geek torrent sites (like linux torrent sites) are more
> > likely to be clean since the latest version of linux is like pron to
> > a true geek.

Firefox has the option to disable images/styles when visiting
certain websites. Go to edit -> preferences -> content  and then
next to where it says "Load images automatically" there is
an exceptions button.  Add the torrent sites you want into
the exceptions and then you don't have to worry about seeing
anything not family oriented.