ubuntu bittorent downloads

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Oct 18 20:39:31 MDT 2007

I think it's time the major apt-like package managers got on the ball
and implemented downloading packages in a p2p fashion. I'm not
interested in reinstalling from CD. I'm not even interested in
downloading a CD bittorrent and doing some übergeek upgrade by changing
sources.list to point to the CD or something. It's just easier to let it
download all day.

Alas, we barely have digitally signed package management infrastructure,
which has been years in coming and still has glitches. That makes p2p
fall squarely in the camp of pipe dream, I think.