BYU Unix User Group to be Streamed Live!

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 18:20:54 MDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Andrew Jorgensen <andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/4/07, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good idea, we'll have to do this in the future though as I only have
> > so much time.  If we can get it working this week, I'll see what the
> > bandwidth requriements on that side are.  We are using icecast to do
> > the sound so it sounds neat.
>
> Nuts, it turns out icecast support was quietly removed a long time
> ago.  It looked more intrusive than I would have guessed too.  *sigh*
>
> There's probably another way to do this.  Maybe I'll look into pulling
> from vnc for flumotion.

Flumotion would not play *any* of the demo streams they have on my
box.  I'd rather have an external app that works than a tiny embedded
(320x240?) window inside my browser that *might* work.

I think its feasible to screencast, but it needs to work out of the
box for most people or they aren't going to use it.  For me, I could
probably figure out how to get flumotion to work for me, but I don't
think many other people will see the value in getting that to work.  I
could be wrong...

Cheers,

Clint