Blogware recommendations?

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Thu Oct 4 22:23:16 MDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Wade Preston Shearer <lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:

> > That is, believe it or not, one of Movable Type's selling points.  If
> > you don't get a lot of comments on your blog entries, it's a win.  If
> > you get a lot of comments and your pages have to rebuild all the time,
> > it's a loss.
>
> You'd have to have some pretty sorry hardware and/or be someone
> pretty dang famous in our for MySQL/Apache to not be able to keep up.
> Why on earth would the authors of MT have ever come up with the idea?

Try scaling beyond a small system, or running on shared hardware, etc.  As
for the MT authors, the their are actually very well know among various
language groups for their insight in capacity planning, performance, etc.
Products such as livejournal scale well beyond what simple applications can
do, on far less hardware then many competitors.  And their contributions are
great, Memcached, Perlbal, MogileFS just to name a couple.  Wordpress is
among those groups that has started trying to backport tools such as
memcached because of the *good* concepts it helps with.

Writing static files is just another one of many methods that allows you to
tune your application. One of many tools to check out.

--
Jayce^