MythTV pointing devices, LinuxMCE -- was Re: Filesystem Features and Benefits?

Michael Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Thu Oct 4 11:11:51 MDT 2007

Corey Edwards wrote:

> Speaking of MythTV, if you don't mind my switching topics a bit, does
> anyone have any good recommendations for a remote control and/or
> wireless keyboard and mouse? Something that doesn't interfere with wifi
> and works from a reasonable distance (10 feet) would be key.

The remote they used in the LinuxMCE demo vidoe on google video was
pretty cool.  Seemed far and away the best remote device every made for
AV stuff.

By the way, for the beginner(?), LinuxMCE looks like *the* uber setup
for MythTV.  Integrates with MythTV and Asterix PBX, and can control and
switch all kinds of AV devices.  The demo video of it, albeit a bit
cheesy, is amazing.

Michael