BYU Unix User Group to be Streamed Live!

Clint Savage herlo1 at
Thu Oct 4 11:09:09 MDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Andrew Jorgensen <andrew.jorgensen at> wrote:
> On 10/3/07, Clint Savage <herlo1 at> wrote:
> > [...] You'll hear intro music at first, and then the
> > stream will start when the meeting starts.
> So the plan is to do audio only?  In the future you might try setting
> up flumotion and streaming video as well.  I've been using it on
> Christmas for several years now.  It's also possible to feed the video
> stream to an icecast server as a reflector, and you can stream both av
> and a-only at the same time, etc., etc..

Andrew, can't afford a full motion camera yet.  We just don't have the
funds.  I'd like to see this though in the future.

Also, there is one other thing you are forgetting and that's bandwidth
for those who'll watch the video.  It takes much larger amounts of
bandwidth from my server to deliver video.  I'm working on a solution
for this, but haven't got it in place as of yet.