Linux Admin needed

Ryan Byrd ryanbyrd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:01:05 MDT 2007

[Please forgive the x-post]

All-

We're is currently looking for a smart Linux Admin who can also do
Windows support. See below for details. Email me your resume
(rbyrd at remedymd.com) if you're interested.

Ryan

Linux Administrator and part-time Windows Helpdesk.

RemedyMD is a growing medical software technology company providing
healthcare solutions (electronic medical records, etc.) for
physicians, patients and providers. Our headquarters are on the 9th
floor of the Miller office tower at Jordan Commons.

GENERAL SUMMARY -- The qualified applicant will be an integral part of
our technology staff and will work together in a team to create,
administer, integrate, support, and maintain Linux (Debian and Redhat
based systems.) In addition, the candidate needs to be comfortable
with Network Administration and Troubleshooting, and Windows Helpdesk.
The individual will be responsible for assisting with the integration
of new hardware and software applications. This is a great position
for an individual who is eager to gain invaluable experience working
with clients on cutting edge web applications and configuring the
latest server applications.

ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES

Linux Administration
    * Two data centers with 40 Linux servers and supporting hardware
    * Networking/wireless networking
    * Software support: subversion, dotProject, Nagios, Wiki, etc.
    * Compile/install/maintain Apache, MySQL, PHP, Memcache, etc.
    * Asset management
    * Software/license management
    * Regular hours with some on call for incident monitoring and response
    * Programming/scripting experience a plus

Windows Desktop Support
    * Setup new laptops running Windows XP
    * Printer setup
    * Email Administration
    * Software installation and troubleshooting

Required Experience and Skills
    * 3-5 years of experience
    * Bachelors degree in Information Systems or equivalent certifications
    * Effective interpersonal skills
    * Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to both
technical and non-technical end-users.
    * Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively
prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.