Any Pix Gurus?

Dennis Muhlestein devel at muhlesteins.com
Tue Oct 2 21:40:37 MDT 2007

Hi guys.

I know enough about our Pix to not break things.  This one has me
stumped though.
There have been a couple times where I wanted to change a static ip
address mapping so that an external ip address goes to a new internal
ip address.
example:
#show static
static (inside,outside) a.b.c.d e.f.g.h netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
#no static (inside,outside) a.b.c.d e.f.g.h netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) a.b.c.d i.j.k.l netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Ok, at that point, the mapping is changed.  The part that stumps me is
that every time I've ever done that, It's take a LONG time before the
change reflects itself on the network, i.e., request to the a.b.c.d ip
address still go to the old inside address for some time.

I've tried clearing arp entries for the internal addresses but that
isn't the problem.  Surely there is some command I don't know about
that is used to refresh the change.

Anybody?
-Dennis