PLUG Update

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Thu Nov 29 12:04:13 MST 2007

All,

I wanted to send out a quick updated regarding the group. First off, a big
thanks for making November such a successful meeting. We aren't planning a
meeting for December. It is a really hard month to get presenters for and line
up all the resources needed to pull it off (too many out on vacation). The
good news is for both January and February we have really great meetings
planned:

January: Aaron Anderson, Lead System Administrator, Omniture. Aaron will be
discussing some details about Omniture's 10,000 Linux servers and how they are
managed. A _*must attend*_ event for anyone responsible for a growing pool of
production servers. Bring your super-technical questions to this one.

February: Matt Asay GM, Americas and Vice President, Business Development at
Alfresco & Board of Advisors at SugarCRM, MuleSource, Loopfuse, Volantis,
Openbravo, JasperSoft, Bungee Labs, rSmart, others... & Founder and Program
Chair at Open Source Business Conference. Also, additional Alfresco special
guests. You don't want to miss this one either.

We are in negotiations with several people for future meetings. A few
organizations are willing to foot the bill to fly out presenters just to talk
to our group. Of course we want to be sure that you, the members, will
actually be interested.

We will never stop looking for presenters. If you or your organization might
be interested in presenting to the group please have a representative contact
me.

---

http://plug.org/memberstats
Did you know three distros are tied (as I write this) for the number one
Server OS slot? CentOS, Debian, and Gentoo. How do you manage a production
Gentoo server and not go totally insane? Can someone tell me? :-)

You might also be interested to know that the most popular google search term
driving traffic to PLUG is 'utah linux contractor.' This has been in the top
10 search terms for over a year! Be sure you have the "I am a contractor"
check box on your profile checked if you are interested in participating. It
also helps if you have a complete profile to show off your skills.